Today we have released an important update to our Parallel Pro Multipurpose WordPress theme.
Version 1.0.0 and 1.1.1 fixes several security issues, has been tested with WordPress 4.8 and includes one significant change which requires your attention.
See the list of changes below,
- Tested compatibility with WordPress version 4.8
- Added additional thumbnail size to setup.php
- Added gallery image thumbnail size in /sections/gallery.php (line 30)
- Added additional bootstrap classes on line 1170-1174 of options.php
- Added description to gallery-gallery option in options.php on line 1162
- Fixed missing validating, sanitizing and escaping of user data
- Fixed width issue with Contact Form 7 fields on mobile
- Changed the theme welcome page
- Changed the theme notice
- Added support for Parallel Extensions plugin
- Removed the custom widgets
There is one change which requires your special attention. We have migrated the Widgets included in the theme to their own separate plugin in order to comply with WordPress.org’s standard of separating design from functionality. The plugin is entitled Parallel Extensions. Simply follow the prompts at the top of your Admin Dashboard to install & activate it and your widgets will re-appear. Your data will NOT be lost.
We highly recommend you update immediately. Before you do so, make sure to backup your site files & database. We recommend you use a plugin like WordPress Duplicator.
Keep in mind that if you made any changes to the theme files or style.css file, these changes will be wiped out when you update.
To update your theme; log into your website’s Admin Dashboard and go to APPEARANCE > Themes. Then click the “New version available – Update Now” link for Parallel Pro.
If you are using the free version of Parallel (Lite Version) – Upgrade to Parallel Pro today and save 10% with coupon code THEMELY10.